Thinking of becoming a blogger and wondering how to begin? For a new/existing blogger finding the perfect method to grow your blog’s traffic can be tricky. But don’t you worry because that’s where the social media platform like Instagram comes in and is a great way to promote your blog.
If used the right way, Instagram can be the best place to grow your followers and readers all in one place since it has a massive number of daily active users, which means that you have a lot of opportunities to get your brand out there. While Instagram is a platform where people crave engaging visual content, sharing engaging content on Instagram can do wonders for your brand.
This is great news for bloggers who embrace multimedia as they can share stories, images, video snippets, podcast snippets, etc. on their Instagram feed. With indulging content they can easily grow a community around their blogs and keep their audiences engaged at the same time.
Why Instagram Works for Bloggers?
Instagram surely is not just a picture sharing app, rather it comes as a whole package that allows us to communicate, sell, and grow an even larger community through our activities. Below are mentioned some key points as to why Instagram works specifically for bloggers:
- Wide range of users to interact with.
- Engagement builds an organic audience and marketing channel.
- Excellent opportunity to expand your user base.
- Opportunity to blog content.
- Sharing content is not limited to posting photos.
Creating Your Instagram Content Strategy:
For bloggers, it’s important to have an active social media presence and we encourage them to use Instagram daily or as frequently as possible. Consistently publishing posts on social media helps your profile remain visible and gives Instagram an opportunity to include your content on a user’s explore page or searches.
Apart from this below mentioned are some basic points you should consider while planning content for Instagram:
- Start with Your Research – Always do some research before starting to plan your work. Researching includes your target audience, competitors, latest trends, and identifying content that users in your niche engage with. Do check out famous bloggers in your niche that you follow and study their content. Also, take the opportunity to observe how they interact and engage with their audience. This research process gives you a basic standard to follow when planning out your own content strategy.
- Plan Your Content Theme – After you are done with the research, it is time to start actually planning content. Be sure to set your objectives beforehand as that would help you to understand what type of content you should be creating and why. Following a Theme is always a smart technique to start with bloggers. Content theming allows you to invent ideas and put them into a series for a definite period of time.
- Engaging Content – It is important to be creative with this process and create content that is optimized for Instagram. Share engaging content on the platform not necessarily long stories and then surprise the audience with more value on your website or blog. Overall, remember to keep it social and fun.
Tips for Bloggers to Drive Traffic to Their Instagram Profile:
- Interesting Bio – Your Instagram’s bio is the first opportunity to introduce yourself. This is the ultimate space where you can attract the audience by describing them what you do, what you’re passionate about, and what you’re good at. If you want to impress them, then this is your first chance.
- Share Your Latest Blogs – Bloggers should always be up-to-date. Share your latest blog posts to encourage the audience to visit your blog. To hold the audience you can also paste the link to your latest blog on your bio or let them know about it by posting a story on your feed.
- Share Behind the Scenes – Sharing behind the scenes is a fun way to build trust and authenticity with your audience. For example, if you’re writing a blog, then post an insight of it or a tease post that something very interesting is coming up their way or a picture of yourself writing it with some details about it. Or you can make a video and share a short clip of what you are preparing for your audience.
- Be Unique – You need to be a unique blogger and your blogs should represent your philosophy. This is a very important factor because that is what is keeping your audience engaged with your blogs. Otherwise, there’s no point in people following your account if you’re no different than anyone else. Certainly this can be done by finding a unique theme or style that expresses your personality or philosophy and use it consistently throughout your Instagram feed.
Tips for Creating Instagram Stories for Bloggers:
Stories cannot be ignored and are very important aspect for your content strategy. They should be engaging, interactive, and loads of fun because sometimes the audience might not get time to visit your profile when busy, but they can surely view your story and certainly get back to your account to catch up with your latest posts later. Now let’s see how you can make most of the Stories for your advantage:
- Turn a Blog Post into Stories – Stories are a very interesting content type especially for blog posts. Often, users are too busy to click on another link and open the original blog – so they’re looking for an easy snack able piece of content to be engaged with. So you can convert your blog post into a mini version or a series of stories and keep the audience engaged.
- Make Stories Fun and Interactive – There are so many features you can use in your stories to make it fun and interactive – filters, polls, GIFs, text, stickers, questions, and many others. Make sure that you make use of all these features to get the most out of your story.
- Tease your Audience – If you’re working on something new, and then why not share a small teaser through Instagram stories? It will create excitement and anticipation. Even better, if you have an event coming up, then you can do a Q & A session in which you are giving a few hints about what your event is all about. There are many ways to make stories exciting.
We hope that you have enjoyed the tips in this article and that you’ll start to use them in promoting and making your blog account visible. Remember to post relevant, high-quality content, and always stay consistent. But don’t be boring – make it fun, interactive, and engaging to get extra traffic to your blog posts.